Haddi said what?!?

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Well, what do you say???

This morning, we were all lounging around on our bed upstairs when Haddi turned to me and said "Mom, would you like to cuddle with me?" I replied with an enthusiastic "YES!" and she put her hands on her hips, got this little grin on her face and said 'Well then, what do you say?!?"

Umm, uhh....please?

Too funny. We're committed to this idea that we will not raise an impolite child so we are very conscious of the way she asks for things and how she responds to us and others. If she forgets to say 'please' then I put my hands on my hips and say "Well then, what do you say?". If I ask her a question like "Would you like more milk?" then she is supposed to respond "Yes, please." rather than "uh-huh, or yeah" If she doesn't, guess what - I put my hands on my hips (so I'm told) and say "Well then....."you get the picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home