Haddi said what?!?

Friday, May 12, 2006

May 12, 2006


Well, it's been a while since our last post....mom and dad have no excuses....just busy!
My newest funny stuff is:
Delicious! When I get something good to eat. I love to eat 'quesadilla at 'Potle' (short for Chipotle), and broccoli soup at 'noodles' which is Haddi-speak for Country Buffet (her favorite restaurant.

Last week we had a round robin of family members watching Hads (dad's nickname) during the week as mom, dad & uncle Martin all had a conference to attend. Auntie Arianne took Wednesday and had a grand time playing with Haddi - although she was a bit of a handful since she was getting a touch of a cold.

Grandma Louise took Thursday and took Haddi to lunch with her daughter Michelle and Michelle's son Logan who is just a few months younger than Haddi. She talked and talked about her "macaroni and cheese at Applebees" (she takes particular pleasure in this since it rhymes).

Grandma Alix took Friday and Haddi talked and talked about all the fun stuff they did - read books, walked around the block, played with all her toys, watched the princess video, etc.

Haddi had tons of fun and everyone else is pretty exhausted.

She's saying such grown up things now...Today she was playing on my laptop and said to me "Mommy, we can read that book as soon as I finish my work and I'll be done in one minute." Hmmm. wonder where she heard that from!

She also told me that when she gets and owie, the Easter Bunny is the only person who can kiss it to make it better. Mom had to explain that the Easter Bunny gave her and daddy some special kisses to hold on to until Haddi needed them for her owie. She seemed to accept that.

Last night while I was putting her to bed, she took my face in her hands, kissed me on my forehead and said to me "Mom, you're a good mom". So cute - you see I always do that to her and say "Haddi - you're a good kid". Funny what they learn.

We went to the grocery store this evening and a lady in the parking lot was waving at her and making a funny face at her, and Haddi waved back and said to me "That lady waved at me...That's a nice lady." So mature!

She also told me "Mom, your eyes are green today." We're always telling her that her eyes are green.

Haddi had an early evening tonight - feel asleep in the middle of her scrambled eggs dinner in her high chair...awwww...soo cute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home